Saturday, November 11, 2017

Crisis is not bad, it is critical!

The lesson this week can be applied to all of us in one way or another! One thing that everyone goes through on a daily basis, some more than others, is stress! The definition of stress is being in a state of mental and emotional strain and/or tension.
What would it be like to not have stress? I do not know about everyone else, but I think all the time about how amazing it would be if everything would work out the way I wanted it to! However, that is not the case. Stress is more important in our lives than we think.
One of the biggest reasons why stress is important is that it provides opposition in our lives. It can simply be stated as us not knowing happiness without knowing sadness, not knowing excitement without knowing boredom, and not knowing love without feeling loneliness. One thing that I went through as a young woman was becoming a convert to the church. One thing that really stuck out to me during this time of my life was that the gospel made me feel so happy. One of the biggest reasons I decided to go aside from my family beliefs was because I saw the opposition in values. It made the decision easier to become a member of this gospel when I knew what it was like to be without it. This does not mean that you need to have experiences just as this to have a true testimony of the church, this is just a personal experience.
The world would be too easy if we did not have stress. One reason it is important to go through challenges is to learn lessons from them. This entire earthly life is a test of Heavenly Father to see if we will follow His commandments. One thing that I have learned is that hard experiences leads to greater understanding of the Lord’s plan. I look back at hard things from my past and I have pure joy knowing that I learned valuable lessons from going through that. It is said by many critics that “wish people do not try and remove stress.” One common example of removing stress from lives is when parents hand off their children to nannies because they do not have enough energy to take care of them. Before continuing, I think it is important to mention that it is not this way in every case of nannying, this is specifically about parents who do it because they simply do not want to be the ones that take care of the kids. When a parent finds it less stressful to hand off children to a nanny for any reason, the nanny becomes a parent figure to the children. When the children are taken away from this nanny at any given age, it is an emotional connection that is broken within the mind of the child, which can be extremely difficulty. Heavenly Father gives us children so we can know and become like Him! I think that it is important for us all to remember that if our children are being fussy, have medical disabilities, or anything of the sort, they were placed under our care specifically by Heavenly Father for a reason.

One thing to remember is that going through a crisis is not bad. In fact, going through crisis’s in our life is critical. I would like to encourage everyone that reads this post to make hard situations an opportunity to grow and be an example of strength to those around you! One thing that I have learned is that you never know who is watching and following your actions. It is important to act in faith no matter what the situation is, because our children will especially watch us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parenting with Love, Limits, and Latitude: Proclamation Principles and Supportive Scholarship

The chapter that I studied this week was titled Parenting with Love, Limits, and Latitude: Proclamation Principles and Supportive Scholars...